Monday, September 8, 2014

HOME Sweet Homestead: The Schoolroom

Y'all we've been so busy around here. Just when I thought progress was slowing down, we got a call from the contractor that we wanted to repair our living room ceiling. So our whole house became a dust zone and total mess as soon as we finished our schoolroom and started Kindergarten! But the hole in our living room ceiling has been repaired, the dust has been cleaned up, and things are calm until the next project comes. 
So here's a look at the schoolroom that's just to the left as soon as you walk in the front door, the place where the majority of our learning inside takes place, and my new favorite room in the house....
The map still needs a frame and this wall will 
one day (probably years from now) have floor to ceiling bookcases.
Here you can see my vintage fire escape ladder, our hundreds number chart and calendar, and
 our new Kentucky Icons print from Kentucky for Kentucky.
On the other side of the room we have our reading chair and 
the closet that holds all of our supplies. 
The closet already had this shelving and huge drawers in it. 
  
This the view from the reading chair.
Then we have our chalk board, our clock,
 pencil sharpener, hanging clipboards, and a mailbox on the other wall.
I knew from the moment I walked into this house this would be the most perfect schoolroom. It turned out better than the room I had in my dreams. We absolutely love it!








1 comment:

  1. I am a friend of your Mom and Dad's and your grandparents. We used to go to church with Mr. John and Mrs. Lorene. Your mom and dad sometimes share your blog and I love it! You are amazing! I can see how grateful you are for your many blessings! We are homeschoolers too and I love your homeschool room! Thanks for sharing and may God continue to bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete