Thursday, June 25, 2015

from the {Little Barn Kitchen}

a peek at what I've been cooking and we've been eating/drinking...

 {Drinks}
I made my first hot toddy when I had an incredibly sore throat one day. 
This wasn't pleasant to drink, but it did help with the sore throat.
bourbon, lemon, our own honey, and water
   
{Main Meals}
I harvested a lot of garlic scapes recently. 
Most of these scapes were cut up and added to the freezer.
But, I also made garlic scape pesto.

The turnips have also been plentiful.
So I combined the pesto with the turnip greens on a pizza.
gluten free garlic scape pesto pizza with (local) sausage,
grass-fed mozzarella, and (homegrown) turnip greens
bratwursts with honey mustard, mashed (homegrown) turnips, and organic corn on the cob
   
mixed veggie hashbrown
(can't remember specific veggies but I just threw in what I had 
and then added the shredded potatoes until crisp)
 

{Snacks}








No comments:

Post a Comment