Tuesday, August 25, 2015

from the {Little Barn Kitchen}

 a peek at what I've been cooking and we've been eating/drinking...

{Main Meals} 
(homegrown) roasted chicken, (homegrown) sliced potatoes, and (homegrown) gluten free fried okra
(local)B (local)L (homegrown)T on homemade gluten free bread and 
potato salad (using homegrown potatoes, homegrown eggs, and homemade pickles)
(homegrown) roasted chicken,
 (homegrown) roasted spaghetti squash topped with homegrown/homemade tomatillo salsa, 
and (homegrown) corn
(local) pork stir-fry with (homegrown) turnips, carrots, (homegrown) cabbage, (homegrown) squash, and (homegrown) peppers
 
homemade (homegrown) pimento sheep's/goat's cheese on homemade bread 
gluten free (homegrown) zucchini cakes
 

{Sweets}
 

{Additions to the Larder}
using (homegrown) tomatillos, peppers, and garlic
 
salsa 
(recipe from Food in Jars)
 
(homegrown) sweet pickles
chicken broth
I make broth in the crock pot after every (homegrown) chicken I cook. 
I pressure can it so I can use the broth in recipes later or so we can pop open a jar if we are sick.

Note: 
Lately, we have been eating out just as much as I cook, 
because we've been busy or away from home or because I just don't want to cook another thing.
It happens. 
Just want to keep it real.










No comments:

Post a Comment