Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Homestead Garden


I wasn’t sure if we were going to have a garden this year.  But, after the whirlwind of events of selling our old house, buying our new one, and moving in (which seemed to happen at warp speed), we knew we still had time for growing a few of our own vegetables. This made me incredibly happy, by the way. With the help of Habegger’s, I was able to buy a variety of transplants. I spent the entire day yesterday planting tomatoes, green beans, peppers, white and sweet potatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, various squashes, corn, and even sorghum. I also picked up an elderberry tree and I almost came home with a chicken. I resisted the chicken though. Now we just have to protect our garden from the numerous deer around here. It will be a new challenge, for sure, but we’re up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment