Thursday, July 10, 2014

3 Little Turkeys

We were told turkeys weren't easy to raise. We don't know many people that raise them. But, we I was dead set on raising one turkey for our Thanksgiving dinner. (I know I'm weird, but I like knowing where my food comes from and now we have a homestead where we can raise our own.) We bought 5 baby turkeys a few weeks ago. I sat and watched them, checked on them often, and they were my babies. My heart was crushed when I saw the first dead turkey just three days into our turkey venture. Then I was devastated when the next one died two days later. But, then we crossed the 3 week old threshold (where turkeys are supposed to go from fragile to invincible). So now we have three happy, thriving, little turkeys that will have a new home outside very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment