Friday, March 13, 2015

HOME Sweet Homestead

This last month, we've been working hard to prepare for Spring 
which is officially just a few days away (yay!).
We bought some BIG shelves at the ReStore for the shop and we assembled them.
 Bryan built himself a work bench...
  
(Notice the foot-deep snow outside. That didn't stop us from working.)
 and a chicken tractor (for our meat birds)
  
(I will take a better photo of the workbench, but you can kind of see it below.)
 Our second set of bee boxes arrived and Bryan assembled them. I still have to paint them.
 All of our seeds arrived for the garden, and we set up a makeshift greenhouse in our solarium for the seeds that needed to be started. I am just giddy from this set up. It has become just what I pictured when we were touring our house and homestead last year.
We still have raised beds to set up, blueberry bushes to pot, muscadine vines to plant, and build an egg mobile for the chicks that will arrive in a couple of weeks. And as I type this, Bryan is wiring the shop so that it will have electricity within the next few days. It is hustling and bustling at the homestead and I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment