Thursday, February 19, 2015

HOME Sweet Homestead

One of my duties each day is to build and tend the fire. Many times this is an easy task because the fire from the previous night just needs to be stoked a bit and more wood needs to be added. But it was quite a task several weeks ago. I have become confident in my fire building skills though and it has become one of my most favorite things to do and the hearth has become one of my most favorite places to be on the homestead (because it's the warmest).
 
We have a new family member. His name is Templeton. 
He is a teddy bear hamster and the boys love him.
I stumbled upon this bookshelf at a local consignment store for $8.50. 
I almost couldn't believe the price tag. It now has a new home in the schoolroom.
After we painted the kitchen, we painted the downstairs hallway a very light tan. Painting, these days, seems to take us forever. I am so sick of painting, but I love having freshly painted walls. I suppose it's worth it in the end. At least that's what I will keep telling myself. 
It was nice to hang my Pepaw's keys next to our front door  
and a couple of new coat racks.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment