Tuesday, May 26, 2015

HOME Sweet Homestead

I can't believe it has been a week since our two newest lambs were born, but it has.
 We walked out to the field to move the sheep and there they were. We knew Ruby, their mother, was close to having them, but we thought it would be the next morning. They were born (we are guessing) a little before 7 pm. She had one black ewe (girl) lamb and one white ram (male) lamb. We have named them Opal and Gilbert. Since our flock is entirely black, we were excited to see our first white lamb. We are expecting more lambs any day from one more ewe.
 Our garden is still not entirely planted yet. Last year, I planted the entire space in a day. This year it has taken me weeks. But it is big. We are harvesting spinach, garlic scapes, and lots of radishes these days. The strawberries get picked before they turn completely red by the boys and I ate our first Sun Sugar tomato last night.
 It's good to have bees again, and both hives are doing well. 
I really love our new location for them this year. I can see the hives from our front porch.
  
The kittens...well, they are just so cute and playful right now.
The wildflowers in our fields are beautiful right now. The pastures are about to be bush hogged so they will come to an end shortly, but I'll enjoy them while I can.
 I am itching to paint our dining room these days and my new piece of furniture given to us by a sweet friend is making me want to even more. Both the walls and it are getting a fresh coat of paint one day. Until then, you get this sneak peek.
Also, if you like to see what's happening, 
I post a lot more to Instagram, so check that out for more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment